Wednesday, March 11, 2015

So, There's Always a Silver Lining?

There is no surprise that every job has their lingo, words that don't make sense to anyone else. And I know that with infertility clinics, everything is time sensitive. I will go weeks not doing anything, and then having to scramble for certain medicine, because I have to start something immediately. That's just the way fertility treatments go. 

So, my nurse called last week, because we had to get my Lupron in, and I needed to start those shots. And that was it. I didn't know what it was. All I knew was that I had to do shots pretty soon of something. 

I look it up, and Lupron is a drug to help with Prostate Cancer. 

I finally talked to my nurse about it and they use it to shut down my system, so that the doctors can manipulate it and get as many eggs as they need. They found it is one of the side effects (I would love to know how they found that out...)

So, we are starting on this journey, and I'm feeling just fine! 

Plus, my prostate cancer is officially under control. So there's that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment